Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Kirche Berlin Brigittines Chapel Bruxelles Center for Contemporary Art movement of the city of Brussels, 2007 Architect: Andrea Bruno The chapel was built in 1667 according to plans of the architect Léon Van Heil, for the order of Brigittines. The chapel almost became the seat of a pawnshop, before serving in succession as a warehouse for books, as a military pharmacy, as an arsenal and as a house of reception for poor men, as warehouse for wood and barrels of beer. The association of the Brigittines now develops the artistic ideas for the chapel. Brigittines is a pleasant and friendly meeting place. The chapel is a Contemporary Arts Center for dance, theatre, music, performance and plastic arts.